Friday, March 28, 2008

Little Quiapo - HUGE Disappointment

There's this place in QC called Little Quiapo... As the folklore goes... It's used to be the "in" restaurant in the good ol' days. So successful that almost all baptismals, weddings, birthdays etc. were held there. I heard that they had a lot of branches too, but then there were Management problems and the rest was history. Now, I learned that there's still a Little Quiapo somewhere in V.Luna in QC.

So there I was trying to impress my baby AJ about the great food we're gonna sink our teeth into. I'm going to take here to that Little Quiapo! We searched for it until we finally found it.
And the rest is... and will be... HISTORY.

Here's my baby AJ looking at another cluttered Menu. So many choices. That smelled trouble already for my baby isn't really a fan of so many choices, the more choices you give her to pick from, the more likely she'll lose interest. Tsk tsk tsk...


This is one of the native crafts you'll find there. A tissue hold with a figure of a man holding it. Weird. The place is adorned with native crafts. Makes you wonder if you entered a museum or a restaurant. But we have to hand it to them for being creative and putting that Filipino touch in their restaurant.

SEE! My baby's still looking at the Menu! These people are SO Inconsiderate! (hehe just kidding! Really, my baby can't decide what to eat...) Nice V-Neck Shirt baby! hmmmm nawawala yung isang shirt ko ah... makes me wonder.... ;-)


She ended up ordering the Pork Steak. How was it? The sauce is ordinary. The meat is hard. Definitely needs tenderizing. We did not finish this one.

I told you last time, I love pancit. I love Sotanghon too. So I ordered their Sotanghon Soup with broth (sounds redundant huh? It does.) Verdict? I tell you, I would rather eat the Lucky Me Sotanghon Soup over and over than to eat this. The Soup isn't really that hot, the veggies were hard and the Sotanghon noodles were substandard. Did not finish this either. So everything was packed for Take Out and we ended up giving them to the Security Guard of their Compound when she went home.

The dinner we had was a complete disaster. Another one of those "Busog ka nga, di ka naman Satisfied".

But in fairness... just look at my baby... wouldn't she make a great commercial endorser? She'd make anything look yummy and appetizing! And that look! Damn that look! Roar! ;-)

No comments: